If you’re just discovering the nutritional benefits (and great flavor) of ghee, you may be looking for ways to incorporate it in your daily diet. Ghee can be used in the kitchen many different ways.
As clarified butter, having the moisture and milk solids removed, ghee makes a wonderful (and healthier) replacement for butter in any dish. It’s especially fantastic for sautéing, stir-frying and deep-frying at high heats because it has a higher smoking point than any oil (485 degrees Fahrenheit, to be exact). It can also be added to a dish to increase its taste and texture. Yum!
In addition to this great list, here are some wonderful ideas to get you started using and experimenting with ghee in your kitchen:
1) Blend into a healthy smoothie.
2) Use in your favorite casserole or rice dish.
3) Mix with herbs and seasonings and use as a rub for chicken.
4) Use in this recipe for Eggplant in Curry-Coconut Sauce.
5) Drizzle over fish or seafood, such as scallops.
6) Spread on sourdough bread or naan. Mix with a high quality salt before spreading for a really intense flavor.
7) Mix into hot maple syrup and serve over your favorite French Toast
(or try this recipe for Sausage & Swiss Stuffed French Toast).
While this list is certainly not exhaustive, it’s a great start! We definitely encourage experimenting with ghee in the kitchen to discover the many delicious possibilities it brings.
And here’s the recipe we promised – Parmesan Pasta with Ghee using our newest product, Black Garlic Ghee. Both delicious and healthy, it’s a must try! Be sure to let us know your thoughts if you make it!
Simply Black Garlic Ghee with Parmigiano Reggiano Pasta
This is so simple yet so good! The caramelized, slightly nutty taste of the ghee plus the smoky flavor of the black garlic adds a taste sensation you will savor. The intensity of the Parmigiano Reggiano makes it a cheese like no other. Treat yourself to some quality pasta while you are at it!
Total Time to Prepare and Cook: 20-30 minutes
• 4 tablespoons Simply Black Garlic Ghee
• 1/2 pound good quality pasta. Hint: the dish will look even more appealing with spinach pasta or colorful pasta.
• ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
• Ground black pepper
• Himalayan salt
• 1 generous tablespoon of oregano, basil, and chives
• Red pepper flakes to taste
1. Start with a large pot and cook the pasta following the package instructions.
2. Melt the ghee in a small saucepan at a very low heat. Add the dried herbs.
3. Grate the Parmigiano Reggiano and add the freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste.
4. Using tongs or wooden spoons, toss lightly until all ingredients are mixed well and coat the pasta.
5. Top with additional herbs. Serve immediately with a glass of your favorite red or white wine!
To purchase our new Black Garlic Ghee or any of our other deliciously healthy ghee products, visit our website for a list of retailers.