https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Fresh-Basil-Plant-scaled.jpg 2560 1920 gheegals //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png gheegals2020-06-26 20:09:182021-06-19 21:01:57Summer Pesto!
This is the simplest and most delicious pesto recipe on the planet!
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves -minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted* pine nuts -or walnuts
- Good salt and pepper to taste
- Throw everything but ½ of the olive oil into a food processor.
- Blend and drizzle more olive oil till desired consistency.
- Fill up an ice cube tray. When completely frozen, remove the pesto cubes and freeze in small bags amount you’d need for a meal or two.
*Toss dry nuts onto a baking sheet – roast at 300F in oven till golden brown. Toss them from time to time. Allow to cool. It rocks pasta of any kind, great on grilled chicken, sandwiches, breakfast egg wraps, pizza, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella, you name it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!