https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Heirloom-Tomato-Cousous-Salad-scaled.jpg 1532 2560 gheegals //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png gheegals2020-07-24 21:02:402021-06-16 16:09:52Summer Heirloom Tomato Couscous Salad
Summer Heirloom Tomato Couscous Salad
- 1 cup hierloom tomatoes - various colors
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - various colors
- 1 1/2 cups couscous - dried
- 1 small jicama - peeled and sliced julienned
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1+ Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 Teas. Original Ghee - melted
- 1 Tbs Sriracha Ghee – melted - can use Turmeric+Black Pepper or Black Garlic Ghee
- 1 Tbsp. Tbsp. fresh chives - chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves - julienned
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves - chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts - chopped
- Good salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a bowl toss the walnuts with a teaspoon of melted ghee and salt. Place the walnuts on a lined baking sheet and roast till lightly golden – about 15 minutes or so till you smell them.
- Prepare couscous according to the package directions. Instead of adding butter, add a teaspoon of Original Ghee to the water. After it has cooked, add the Sriracha Ghee and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Wash and chop all the veggies and herbs. To julienne the jicama, peel, slice thinly and then cut into matchstick size pieces. Tomatoes can be sliced and chopped to give salad texture.
- Squeeze about half of a lemon. Zest some of the skin.
- Place the tomatoes, half of the herbs, jicama in a bowl and toss lightly with olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Use the amount of oil and lemon for your taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Present it on a large plate. Put the couscous down first and then top with tomato and jicama mixture. Add roasted walnuts and sprinkle with remaining herbs and lemon zest.
- Feta is also a nice garnish. Can use other savory ghee flavors.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!