https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Curried-Sunflower-Seeds--scaled.jpg 2560 1809 gheegals //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png gheegals2021-05-10 19:30:492021-06-16 16:09:11Curried Sunflower Seeds
Curried Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Original Ghee -or Maple Cinnamon Ghee
- 1.5 Teas. curry powder
- 1/8 Teas. good salt
- 1/4 Teas. black pepper
- 1 Teas. maple syrup
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Melt the ghee and add the curry, salt, pepper and maple syrup. Stir till incorporated. Add sunflower seeds and a dash of olive oil and stir till seeds are well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the seeds evenly. Try not to have them “bunched” together.
- Place into a 300F preheated oven. In about 10 minutes take them out of the oven and stir – still making sure the seeds are evenly spread out.
- Taste one (watch out they’re HOT!) and if more salt is needed, sprinkle over seeds.
- Place back in oven. You will begin to smell them roasting before they burn. Can toss them another time or so to make sure they’re roasting evenly.
- When golden brown, remove and place on a cooling rack. When cooled, put into a clean jar and lid. Store in fridge.
Use as a snack. Adds a nice crunch on top of soups, salads, sauted seasonal greens or rice dishes. Maple Cinnamon Ghee works perfectly too!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!