https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Carrot-and-White-Bean-Soup.jpg 980 1250 Marc Laucks //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png Marc Laucks2019-02-01 20:09:362021-06-16 16:10:36Carrot and White Bean Soup
Carrot and White Bean Soup
- 1 Large sweet onion – cut into small chunks
- 1 leek– white part only - sliced
- 8 cloves garlic - peeled
- 6 medium organic unpeeled carrots - cut into ½ inch chunks
- 4 Tbsp. Simply Ghee Original - divided
- 1 cup cannellini beans - prepared or canned, rinsed VERY well
- 3-4 cups organic chicken or veggie stock - store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup fresh dill leaves - cut into small pieces
- 1/2 8 oz. container sour cream - optional (omit for Lactose Interolerant diet)
- unrefined salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with sides with coconut oil so veggies don’t stick. Melt 2 tablespoons of ghee and toss the onion, garlic and carrots until evenly coated. Place on the cookie sheet and lightly drizzle with one tablespoon of ghee. Toss veggies till evenly coated and season with salt and pepper. (You will add the leek halfway through the roasting). Roast veggies till tender and golden, about 35 minutes. (Roasting time depends on the size of your veggies.)
- Transfer vegetables to a blender or food processor including all the brown bits from the baking sheet and puree until smooth, slowly adding stock as needed for a smooth puree. The key word is smooth.
- Transfer the puree to the soup pot and stir in the stock, beans and half of the dill. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook till all the flavors are blended. Add the sour cream and last tablespoon of ghee. Season to taste with unrefined salt and cracked pepper. Garnish with the remaining dill.
Serves four and is perfect with PB & J sandwiches. Use good whole grain crusty bread and your favorite nut butter and jam.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!