https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Crockpot-Applesauce2-scaled.jpg 2560 1920 gheegals //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png gheegals2020-11-09 18:59:202021-06-16 16:09:43Crockpot Applesauce
- 12 organic apples - a variety is best
- 1 Tbsp. Turbinado sugar or maple syrup
- lemon juice - about ½ lemon
- 1/4 Cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon - optional
- 1 Tbsp. melted Original or Maple Cinnamon Ghee
- Wash, peel and core the apples. Cut into 1’ pieces. Place into crockpot along with the water and lemon juice.
- Stir together and cover, cook on high for at least 3 hours.
- Test the softness of the apples by squishing them on the side of the crockpot.
- Add sugar or maple syrup, melted ghee and cinnamon. Cover and continue to cook for another hour.
- Turn off heat. Allow to cool slightly and blend with an immersion blender till very smooth.
- Chill and share!
- NOTE: Easy to make and so velvety smooth. Tastiest applesauce you will ever eat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!