https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Chicken-Curry-Stew-1-938x1250.jpg 1250 938 gheegals //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png gheegals2018-11-29 12:39:132021-06-20 16:18:49Curry Chicken Stew
Curry Chicken Stew
Warm Your Heart and Belly! 4-6 servings.
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Simply Ghee Original
- 1 lbs. boneless chicken thighs or breast - cut into 1” pieces
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely sliced leeks - packed, include the very light green part
- 1 cup sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated ginger (1” long)
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated turmeric root - use a glove while grating (1” long)
- 2 cups chicken broth (preferably unsalted)
- 1 cup unsweetened full coconut milk (find a canned coconut milk like Native Forest without added sugars. Open can and stir till blended)
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. Turmeric + Black Pepper Ghee
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh cilantro - finely chopped
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon Simply Ghee Original over medium heat. Add chicken, cook, and stir till lightly browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Drain off fat.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 teaspoon of Original Ghee; add leeks and sauté till soft. Add 1 tablespoon of Turmeric + Black Pepper Ghee and when melted, add carrots, garlic, ginger, and fresh turmeric and cook till carrots have softened slightly. Add mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes. Add chicken. In a bowl, combine the chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder, and salt. Pour over mixture and continue to cook. Bring to a light boil and then reduce to low-medium heat and cook for 25 minutes or till carrots are at the desired softness.
- Cover and cook on low-medium heat to simmer. Check the carrots for desired softness.
- Before serving add chopped cilantro and lemon juice.
- If you prefer, you may add steamed rice to your bowl. Omit for both Paleo and Whole30 diets.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!