https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Bowl-of-Loaded-Cauliflower-Soup-1.jpg 3024 4032 Marc Laucks //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png Marc Laucks2019-02-22 22:00:062021-06-19 21:10:31Loaded Cauliflower Soup
Loaded Cauliflower Soup
This soup is a riff on loaded potato soup but way lower in carbs and just as filling! Serves 4-6.
- 6 slices bacon - chopped
- 1 cup leeks
- 1/2 cup chopped celery root or stalks
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 8 cups chopped cauliflower florets and stems (2 1/2lb head)
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock -best with homemade
- 1 teas good sea salt
- 1 teas freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese -grated
- 3 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, cook bacon until very crisp, 5-7 minutes. Using tongs transfer bacon to paper towels to drain and cool. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings and discard the rest. Break up bacon into small bits once it has cooled and dried to crispy.
- To a medium size pot, add the bacon drippings, leeks, celery root/stalks and garlic. Increase heat to medium-high and cook stirring often until crisp-tender, about 5 mins.
- Add cauliflower, stock, salt and pepper – bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 15 mins until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Pour mixture into a blender (carefully!!) or use an immersion blender. Add the half and half and blend till nice and smooth.
- Return mixture to pan and cook until thoroughly warmed. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with bacon, cheese, parsley and chives, croutons….
To Make Croutons: Slice your bread of choice and cut into 1/4” cubes. Melt 2 tablespoons of Honey Ghee and add dill or any other herb, salt, pepper and mix everything together. Spread out on a cookie sheet and place into a 375F preheated oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on crunchy you want them. Remove from oven and cool. May use any of our ghee products to make croutons.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!