https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Red-Cabbage-Caraway-Saute.jpg 3330 2768 Marc Laucks //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png Marc Laucks2018-12-20 19:13:422021-06-16 16:10:42Red Cabbage Caraway Saute
Red Cabbage Caraway Sauté
Serves 2 – 4 depending on the number of cabbage lovers at your dinner table.
- 2 cups red cabbage - sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion - diced finely
- 2 Tbsp. Simply Ghee Original - divided
- 1 Tbsp. caraway seeds
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- In a medium-size sauté pan, over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of ghee. Upon melting toss in the caraway seeds and heat till they begin to get golden and pop. Add the onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add the cabbage, stir until well coated, cover and simmer for approximately 3 minutes – checking periodically and stirring. Cabbage will begin to soften. Once it softens, add the balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and continue to cook until the cabbage begins to caramelize and brown. Then uncover and stir frequently. Right before serving add the remainder of ghee and let it melt into the cabbage.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!