https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Roasted-Delicata-Squash_Crop-Orig.jpg 839 915 Marc Laucks //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png Marc Laucks2018-11-29 14:23:432021-06-20 16:02:40Roasted Delicata Squash with Maple Cinnamon Ghee
Roasted Delicata Squash with Maple Cinnamon Ghee
You may use any winter squash. Remember to eat the skin! Serves 2 – 4 as a side based on size and number of squashes.
- 1-2 small delicata or 1 medium acorn or butternut squash
- 1-2 Tbsp. Maple Cinnamon Ghee sugar (1 Tbsp. Maple Cinnamon Ghee registers 1 gram sugar)
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper (at the most, use less depending on taste)
- cinnamon and salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice the squash in half through the stem and remove the seeds. Lay the flat, cut-side-down on a cutting board, and slice into ½ to 1-inch slices, starting at the stem. Place cut pieces in a big bowl. Melt half the ghee and toss with the squash to evenly coat them.
- Lay the squash slices out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast for 20 – 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes until the squash is tender and a fork pierces the flesh easily. If soft enough, you can eat the skin. Baste the rest of melted ghee over the squash and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and salt to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!