https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Roasted-Lemony-Quinoa-Chicken-Arugula-Salad-scaled.jpg 2560 2240 gheegals //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png gheegals2020-07-24 19:32:112021-06-16 16:09:52Roasted Lemony Quinoa, Chicken Arugula Salad
Roasted Lemony Quinoa, Chicken Arugula Salad
Servings: 2 generously as the meal; 4 as a side salad.
- 12 oz ground chicken or turkey
- 1 Tbsp. Simply Ghee Original
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small lemons - thinly sliced and seeded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets - cut small
- 1/2 cup quinoa - multi-color
- 1/4 cup white wine/champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon or gourmet mustard
- 2 cups arugula
- ¾ cup toasted pine nuts or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh mint - chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Melt the ghee in a pan on the stove, add the ground chicken and cook on medium high heat.
- Place the thinly sliced lemon slices on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast the lemons until they are slightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes. Can go a little longer if you prefer them more caramelized.
- Meanwhile, bring broth and quinoa to a boil in a small saucepan. Follow the directions on your package. Once the quinoa is removed from the heat, let it stand covered for at least 10 minutes so it cools. Fluff with a fork. Can toss it with a little ghee too.
- Cut broccoli florets from the stems. Trim peel and thinly slice the stems and chop the florets into bite size pieces.
- Finely chop the lemon slices. Combine in a large bowl with vinegar, mustard and the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, quinoa, arugula, nuts and mint to the dressing and toss to combine.
This recipe can be made with any of our savory ghee but Heirloom Salt + Pepper and Black Garlic Ghee are perfect to use. Ghee Gal Approved! Looking for a quality olive oil at a reasonable price? Check out the Olive Tap in Pittsburgh. There is a store and you can order online at: https://www.theolivetap.com/find-us/pittsburgh-pennsylvania/
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!