https://www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Summer-Squash-Ratatoulli_rev2.jpg 750 1000 gheegals //www.simplyghee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/simply-ghee-logo_rev3o-1.png gheegals2018-11-23 02:28:262021-06-16 16:12:51Summer Squash Ratatouille
Summer Squash Ratatouille
- 1 Large zucchini - diced into 1” chunks (approx. 6-7 cups)
- 1 Large yellow summer squash - diced into 1” chunks (approx. 6-7 cups)
- 1 Large yellow sweet onion - chopped into 1” chunks
- 2 Large tomatoes - chopped into 1” chunks’
- 6-8 cloves garlic - peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh herbs - a mix of basil, oregano, thyme, chives, rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. Black Garlic Ghee
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp. good salt
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp. Cayenne pepper - optional
- In a large pot melt the ghee and add onions. Cook for about 4 minutes and then toss in zucchini and summer squash. Cook for about 10 minutes until some of the juices are released.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and continue to cook. Stir frequently. Add all the fresh herbs, salt, peppers and juice of 1 lemon. Allow to simmer over low-medium heat till the flavors to meld together. Consistency will be somewhat soupy.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve over rice or with crusty bread and ghee!
Rice is great with Turmeric + Black Pepper Ghee. This recipe works with Sriracha, Heirloom Salt + Pepper and Original Ghee.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!